Grey Divorce Lawyers in Long Beach, CA
Grey divorce (older couples with longer duration marriages) happens! And it happens more frequently than ever before. Many couples decide later in life to part their ways. If the decision is mutual, it can be a smooth and relatively easy process (assuming finances enable parties to set up two households and take care of each spouse’s needs). If on the other side, one of the spouses makes the decision to divorce and “blindsides” the other spouse, things can get pretty rocky. Insufficient finances and health-related problems can also pose challenges.
In both cases, whether amicable or contested, we discuss with our clients the option of mediation. It is especially important to go through the process of dissolution of marriage with dignity and compassion for each other in your golden years. Mediation is also much more inclusive of the emotional aspects of the divorce. Many emotional issues can be discussed in mediation.
Disclosure and understanding the true financial situation of the marriage are often keys to successful case resolution.
If mediation is not an option, after careful consideration, our family law firm in Long Beach, CA handles litigation of grey divorces with an emphasis on early settlement.
- Starting a Divorce Action in California
- Failed Marriage, Successful Divorce
- How is a High Asset Divorce Attorney Different from a Family Lawyer?
- Golden Years Divorce: 5 Things You Must Know Before You Walk Away
- New Year, New You: Filing for Divorce
- Increasing Your Money IQ: How To Gain Advantage During Your Divorce