Steps After a Response

After your spouse files a Response, both parties have to exchange their Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure (PDD) consisting at least of the Schedule of Assets and Debts and Income and Expense Declaration.  Those forms are not filed with the court.  If you file a RFO together with the Petition for Dissolution, you may have to file an Income and Expense Declaration if a financial relief is sought from the court.  Parties have to follow statutory deadlines to exchange their PDDs. The PDD must be carefully prepared to ensure compliance with various fiduciary duties spouse owe to one another.  It is best to seek the assistance of an attorney when preparing PDDs.